The Center’s 2020 International Symposium on Conservation Impact will highlight best-in-class examples in North American cities of enhancing natural systems to improve community health and support climate resilience. It will serve as a continuation and extension of the Center’s 2019 symposium.
The symposium will feature a broad group of policy leaders, practitioners, and researchers who work in and around cities. They will explore efforts in the US, Canada, and Mexico to:
- Understand and measure links between the health of natural systems and human health and well-being
- Build natural solutions to support climate adaptation and resilience
- Grow and empower a broader, more diverse, inclusive, and equitable set of stakeholders for this work
- Improve habitat and human connectivity in and through cities and metropolitan areas
The 2020 symposium will also serve as the venue to award the Center’s inaugural incentive prize, as well as to launch a new prize focused on innovation in urban areas.
Stay tuned for more details!
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Sep. 16, 2020||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Sep. 17, 2020||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
Catie Boehmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
McNichols Civic Center Building
- Climate adaptation
- Climate change
- Diversity equity inclusion
- Healthy landscapes
- Urban nature